Release of Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2019

What is CCPI?

Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) is an entity in association with 58 countries and strengthen openness in international climate politics. CCPI is international monitoring agency to assess the climate change situation and ask global countries to practice the best policies to fight climate change and ways to minimize their carbon footprint.

Release of Climate Change Performance Index (CCPI) 2019

Evaluation:

  • Based on the best of the industry practice, protocols and standard criteria, the CCPI assess and compares the environment/climate protection accomplishment of 58 nation, together they make about 90% of the CO2 emission on this planet.
  • The 80% of the assessment is made using the pre-decided standard indicators of emission trends and CO2 levels. The remaining 20% results are achieved from the assessment of the climate policies and protocols at national and international level from 200+ experts from member countries.

Entities of the Report

The index has four categories weighing differently as such
  • Greenhouse Gasses (GHG) Emission - 40% weighting
  • Renewable Energy - 20% weighting
  • Energy Use - 20% weighting
  • Implementation of Climate Policy - 20%.

Findings of the CCPI Report

  • The countries made it to the top of the list are Sweden followed by Morocco and LIthuania.
  • At the bottom of the list are Saudi Arabia (SA), United States of America (USA), Iran and Korea.
  • India stands at the 11th position as of CCPI 2019.
  • As per the report very few number of countries are taking steps towards the limiting warming of the “Pale Blue Dot”. We are still miles away from saving planet.

Important Links (External)

  1. Climate Change Performance Index 2019.

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box. Thank you.

Previous Post Next Post