The Objective of the Scheme
Firstly to curb the heavy losses because of non-payment of electricity towards the electricity board and secondly to create awareness and promote the use of solar energy gadgets for farming, the Maharashtra Government institute the Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana.
Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana
- Under this scheme, the state government of Maharashtra intends to provide freebies or give away, two LED bulbs, a DC fan, and a mobile charging socket to the farmers enrolling or registering for Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana.
- This scheme provides a massive and generous subsidy of up to 95% on solar pumps.
- The State Government of Maharashtra intends to install or situate around 1 (one ) lakh solar pumps under the title "Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana.
- In brief, the farmers or owners of the farmland will (under 5 acres) will have to pay only 5% (five percent only) of the total cost of the 3 Horse Power (HP) solar pump, and 5 Horse Power (HP) solar pump for the farmers with more than 5 (five) acres of farmlands.
- To put this into calculations, the 3 HP solar pump costs around ₹2,40,000/- (two lakhs and forty thousand) Farmers are required to pay only ₹12000 i.e. only 5% of the total cost of the solar pump. On the other hand, the cost of a 5 HP solar pump is ₹3,25,000/- (Three lakh and twenty-five thousand). Farmers are required to pay only ₹38500.
- The state agency MSEDCL will be the front-face and agency responsible for the implementation of the scheme Atal Solar Krushi Pump Yojana.
- The scheme is designed and devised to benefit the farmers located in remote and less accessible areas/locations.