National Career Service (NCS) - Background Context
- The National Career Service (NCS) under the Ministry of Labour and Employment, is engaged in providing a variety of career and employment services.
- These services are Job seeker registration and job matching, an employer registration and job posting, Vocational training, and guidance, Job market counseling, information on skill development training and courses, etc.
- The portal is created primarily to connect the Indian graduates and skilled workforces to the available job market (both Private and Government).
- With the help of the National ICT portal, job seekers can register, and create their profiles to look for matching opportunities available throughout PAN-India.
- Similarly, private employers, career and placement consultancies, government agencies, and departments can also register their profiles and look for required candidates for their requirements.
Highlights of the NCS Project
- Establishment of the Business model (for career center) by the State Government to benefit and accommodate multiple parties (Jobseekers, Employers, Government Departments, Placement Agencies, Career Counsellors, etc.) and provide a wide variety of career and employment services using the latest cutting edge technology.
- The National Career Service (NCS) underwent the up-gradation to connect Employment Exchange with NCS website/portal and arranged job fairs.
- Local Employment Exchange or Model Career Centers is administered and operated by/under the State Government and they organize or arrange local job fairs to benefit the local jobseekers (students, freshers, graduates, undergraduates, and subject matter experts) as required from time to time.