National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 - Background Context
The National Youth Day 2019 as part of the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 has launched for the current year 2019.
- National Youth Day
- The Yuva Divas (National Youth Day) is marked on January 12th of every year to honor the Birthday of Swami Vivekananda.
- The primary aim is to Spread the views, ideals, and philosophy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Since the year 1985, the Yuva Diva has become an important celebration in India to be observed on January 12th of every year.
- Age between 18 years to 25 years are welcome to engage in District Youth Parliaments.
- Be The frontman (voice) of New India and device solutions and Contribute to the framework.
The festivals will attract and encourage the Indian youth to engage with common and public issues, understand citizens' points of view, think from their mindset, be in their shoes, anticipate their opinion, and present these in an effective manner. Most Relevant and articulated voices (opinions) on the common vision of New India shall be apprehended and recorded/documented to make these accessible to policymakers pool to scrutinize and for further development to take it forward.
The “National Youth Parliament Festival 2019” will be held/performed at three levels:
- District Level: District Youth Parliament (DYP).
- State Level: State Youth Parliament (SYP).
- National Level: National Youth Parliament (NYP).
The other two organizations namely “Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan” and “National Service Scheme” shall remain involved in Management and Conduct.
Brief Information - National Service Scheme (NSS)
- The “National Service Scheme” is held by **Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The “National Service Scheme” is a public service program, sponsored by the Indian Government.
- This esteemed program was launched in the year 1969, to mark the “Hundredth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi”.
The “University Grants Commission (UGC)” led by Dr. Radhakrishnan put forward the recommendation for the inclusion of the National Service Scheme into a regular academic institution (initiating voluntarily). Firstly this will help develop concrete communication between students and teachers and secondly, establishing positive links between university/college campuses.
Brief Information on Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan
- “Nehru Yuva Kendra” was instituted in 1972
- Later ahead in the year 1987 during the reign of “Prime Minister Mr. Rajiv Gandhi,” it was restructured and instituted as “Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan”