World GOLD Council (WGC) - Background Context
Recently the World Gold Council (WGC) announced a detailed report on gold demand in 2019.
Key Observations or Findings
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) to determine the gold demand in the year 2019.
- Performance of Financial Markets.
- Monetary Policies in Emerging and key Economies including India.
- Performance and movement of U.S. dollar.
- History is the witnessed, for ages in most parts of the world, gold has been considered a safe haven to park investments to live through choppy markets, and as seen in the past eventually the Gold prices improve and stabilize over time.
- The emerging economies such as India and China are the largest importer and consumers (together they make up 70% of the consumer demand) for the precious metals.
About World Gold Council
The World Gold Council (WGC) is not authoritative, instead, it is a market development institution for the lucrative gold industry, traversing two ends, from gold mining to gold investment, the objective is to keep up with the gold industry.
The members of the World Gold Council (WGC) association are the global leader in gold mining. World Gold Council (WGC) helps guide and supports its members to mine gold from various parts of the world.
The WEC is also the policymaker that helps these companies to employ best industry practices to mine gold in a responsible way and devise dispute-free Gold Policies and Standards.
- Headquarters: United Kingdom (UK)
- Offices in the United States, Japan, India, Singapore, and China.